In the past two decades we have been watching drastic changes to the printing manufacturing process in response to rapid technology developments.
Processes of manufacturing in the printing industry are complex, with low profits due to intensive competition in the industry. Therefore, in order for manufacturers to be profitable they must optimize the supply chain and implement lean management methods.
The SAP Manufacturing Execution System (MES) can provide high value solutions specific to the needs of the printing industry, especially when SAP ECC or S/4HANA is used.
SAP MES helps to:
- Implement customer-focused lean management
- Improve utilization of production assets
- Improve product quality
- Reduce unexpected downtime
- Streamline production processes
- Reduce resource wastage
- Achieve your financial goals which heavily relies on effective resource utilization
- Get the most from your employees and machines
- Get intelligent insights and complete visibility of lost time
- Use technology to automate data collection, optimize work flow by seamlessly connecting planning/ production activities, and help maintain your competitive advantage
Basically, the SAP Manufacturing Execution System (MES) – provides the right information at the right time and helps to Plan – Track – Automate – Analyze – Optimize